- This event has passed.
2023 Gun Owners Lobby Day
January 26 @ 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM CSTFree
Join us for the 2023 Gun Owners Lobby Day on Thursday, January 26th, 2023
- Hear from legislative leaders
- Preparatory/training session for legislative meetings
- Updates from Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus leaders and allies
This year, we face an anti-gun DFL trifecta holding control in the Minnesota Senate, the House, and the Governor’s mansion. They ran on a strong platform of gun control and have promised to take immediate action in the upcoming legislation session.
Groups like Michael Bloomberg’s “Everytown” and “Moms Demand Action” spent millions of dollars to bring their out-of-state funded anti-gun politics to the door of the Minnesota legislature.
We expect to see extreme anti-gun bills like Senator John Marty’s “Repeal the Second Amendment in Minnesota” bills and Omnibus Gun Control bills – including registration, gun owner licensing, liability insurance requirements, bans on commonly owned rirfles and shotguns, and magazine bans.
Why you should attend
It’s critical that elected officials, even if they support gun control initiatives, hear directly from you as their constituent.
- The Details: Where, when, and what will I be doing?
- Gun Owners Lobby Day will be Thursday, January 26th, 2023 from 9am – 12pm in the L’Etoile du Nord Vault (Basement of the State Capitol)
- Check-in with our team in the L’Etoile du Nord Vault (State Capitol Basement).
- We will have information for you, including a list of current pro-gun and anti-gun bills, speaking points to use with legislators, and other materials.
- Our staff and volunteers will be able to answer any questions you have about the legislative process, current bills, ratings for legislators, and information about the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus and PAC.
- Go meet with your legislators!
- You should schedule time with your Senator and Representative to meet during this time (9AM – 12PM). You can do so by contacting them directly and letting them know you’d like a few minutes to talk as their constituent. You can find out who your legislators are and their contact information using the “Who Represents Me?” website.
- We’ll have easy-to-follow speaking points to get you through the conversation – and maps to help you navigate through the complex.
- Come back to the vault and let us know how it went.
We’re fortunate in Minnesota to have a highly available citizen-legislature that welcomes engagement from all political spectrums and beliefs. Even if your Representative or Senator supports gun control, you’ll generally find them open to discussion and the chance to hear from a constituent.
This is a critically important event in the upcoming legislative session. We hope to see you there!
Note: You may carry a firearm at the State Capitol Complex with a Minnesota Permit to Carry. We recommend carrying concealed. Long guns may not be brought inside facilities.
Need help finding the State Capitol and learning where you can park? This link has all the details you need.