- This event has passed.
2022 Gun Owners Lobby Day
March 2 @ 10:30 AM - 1:00 PM CSTFree
Join us for the 2022 Gun Owners Lobby Day on Wednesday, March 2nd, 2022.
- Hear from legislative leaders
- Preparatory/training session for legislative meetings
- Updates from Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus leaders and allies
This year, we once again face a strong anti-gun majority in the Minnesota House. Governor Tim Walz has maintained a strong platform of gun control and has promised to take immediate action once the legislature brings a bill to his desk.
Groups like Michael Bloomberg’s “Everytown” and “Moms Demand Action” spent millions of dollars to bring their out-of-state funded anti-gun politics to the door of the Minnesota legislature.
Now we’re seeing extreme anti-gun bills like Senator John Marty’s “Repeal the Second Amendment in Minnesota” bills and Rep. Steve Sandell’s Omnibus Gun Control bills – including registration, gun owner licensing, liability insurance requirements, and magazine bans.
Why you should attend
Anti-gun groups and their activists have been active this session, just as they have been in year’s past. It’s critical that elected officials, even if they support gun control initiatives, hear directly from you as their constituent.
- The Details: Where, when, and what will I be doing?
- Gun Owners Lobby Day will be Wednesday, March 2nd, 2022 IN PERSON in State Capitol, Room 316.
- Check-in with our team in State Capitol Room 316.
- We will have information for you, including a list of current pro-gun and anti-gun bills, speaking points to use with legislators, and other materials.
- Our staff and volunteers will be able to answer any questions you have about the legislative process, current bills, ratings for legislators, and information about the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus and PAC.
- Go meet with your legislators!
- You should schedule time with your Senator and Representative to meet during this time. You can do so by contacting them directly and letting them know you’d like a few minutes to talk as their constituent. You can find out who your legislators are and their contact information using the “Who Represents Me?” website.
- We’ll have easy-to-follow speaking points to get you through the conversation – and maps to help you navigate through the complex.
- Come back to State Capitol Room 316 and let us know how it went.
We’re fortunate in Minnesota to have a highly available citizen-legislature that welcomes engagement from all political spectrums and beliefs. Even if your Representative or Senator supports gun control, you’ll generally find them open to discussion and the chance to hear from a constituent.
This is a critically important event in the upcoming legislative session. We hope to see you there!
Need help finding the State Capitol and learning where you can park? This link has all the details you need.