Minnesota House DFL and Senate DFL Leadership have outlined Universal Background Checks, AKA Universal Gun Registration, as a top legislative priority.
It’s being pushed – and funded – by groups like Michael Bloomberg’s Moms Demand Action and Everytown for Gun Sense – along with local anti-gun group Protect Minnesota.
This is their TOP GUN CONTROL BILL.
Under this scheme, if passed, you would no longer be able to engage in a private sale or transfer of a firearm.
You wouldn’t be able to loan a firearm to a friend at the range or when hunting without driving over to a local gun dealer (if you can find one) and completing the transfer paperwork and background check.
And then, when you were finished, you’d have to go back to the gun shop and do it all over again so that you can get your firearm back.
This legislation will do nothing to reduce crime and it won’t stop mass shooting incidents.
But will create a paper trail of firearm transactions so that the federal government and the State of Minnesota will know who the gun owners are in the state – and what firearms they own.
It’s nothing more than a de-facto registration scheme.
SIGN OUR PETITION OPPOSING UNIVERSAL GUN REGISTRATION!
Stop Universal Gun Registration Petition
TO THE MEMBERS OF THE MINNESOTA LEGISLATURE:
- Whereas, the anti-gun movement, led by state groups like Protect Minnesota and Michael Bloomberg’s out-of-state-funded Everytown, is attempting to take advantage of recent tragedies to drive home their agenda of gun control
- Whereas Governor Tim Walz campaigned on signing the “Universal Gun Registration” bill into law
- Whereas House and Senate Leaders have stated publicly that “Universal Gun Registration” is a top legislative priority
- Whereas “Universal Gun Registration” creates a de-facto registry through the paper trail generated at gun shops & FFLs.
- Whereas, “Universal Gun Registration” destroys the Second Amendment by enabling the use of this de-facto registry for nefarious purposes
THEREFORE, AS A LAW-ABIDING GUN OWNER, I CALL UPON ALL MEMBERS OF THE MINNESOTA LEGISLATURE TO OPPOSE UNIVERSAL GUN REGISTRATION