Anti-gun legislators introduce gun control bills all the time – without understanding a single thing about how guns work, how firearms are used lawfully, what current laws are, or even what firearm calibers and shotgun gauges mean.
These bills require any legislator introducing or co-authoring any bill related to firearms must prove that they:
- Have a MN Permit to Carry or MN Firearms Safety Certificate
- Have passed a Range Safety Officer (RSO) course
- Have passed a knowledge test about firearms calibers and gauges
We need you to tell your Representative & Senator that you demand they SUPPORT these commonsense legislative requirements.
Support Requiring Legislators to understand Firearms & Firearm Safety before introducing Gun Control Bills
“Prove you understand Firearms before introducing Firearm Legislation” Petition
TO THE MEMBERS OF THE MINNESOTA LEGISLATURE:
- Anti-gun politicians continue to introduce gun control bills without understanding basics of firearms, including calibers and gauges
- Anti-gun politicians continue to introduce gun control bills without understanding the basics of firearms safety, even on a gun range
- Anti-gun politicians continue to introduce gun control bills without understanding current federal or Minnesota law related to firearms
- Anti-gun politicians demonstrate again and again that this lack of knowledge is something they are proud of – rather than taking time to understand the issue before attempting to legislate it
THEREFORE, AS A LAW-ABIDING GUN OWNER AND SUPPORTER OF THE SECOND AMENDMENT, I CALL UPON ALL MEMBERS OF THE MINNESOTA LEGISLATURE TO SUPPORT THIS BILL